Bekhudi

Bekhudi...a state of "not being one's self"

Name:
Location: Boulder, Colorado, United States

What to say...sach hai duniyan waalo ke hum hai anari...

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Yun hi chala chal

Boulder Boulder 2005 (10 km Memorial Day race, Boulder, CO) I had injured my left knee while running a week before Bolder Boulder 2005. I had to rest my legs and could not prepare any more. It looked like I was going to suck this time. I thought I had stamina, but I wasn't sure if my knees will give in. My cousins were visiting for the long weekend and we had good time, although it was very hectic and tiring. On the race day, I barely woke up and got to the start line just 10 minutes before the race with Aditya. I felt great as we started. It had rained last night and was a cool - cloudy day. Great conditions for running! I did well by finishing 10 min/mile for first, second and third mile. There was live music, people cheering and dancing on the sides. Awesome atmosphere!

At the end of third mile, there was some rain water running and I had to take a really long stride to cross that. It gave a sudden shock to my right leg. I lost feeling in my right leg until I finished the race. I kept running. I guess I must have taken 11 minutes for 4th mile as after that it was a little-bit downhill and easy except at the finish. I think I have done the 6.2 miles = 10 km in 61 minutes. We will see when the results come out. It was definitely better than last years! I did not have a lot of sweat and felt fresh after the run. It was great! My knees ached somewhat in the evening but subsided after applying some "move".

Now it is biking season for me. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home